Sunday, January 24, 2010

They make me smile!

They do...everyday...every minute of everyday.
I have just put both kids down to bed. SS is probably sound to sleep by now but I hear Hamp in the monitor next to me as I type...this will be a several hour process before he is sound asleep..sigh!
BUT...that's ok because they are my children, my responsibility and my most precious gift I could have ever been given.

With Hampton its the sweet innocent look about him, how he looks at me like mom I totally depend on you. Its when I get so lucky to hear that sweet coo that he makes and get a smile that I worked so hard to see or when I hold him and he rest on my chest and snuggles with me.

With Sarah Scott it's hearing her say "mommiee" or "luh-oo" (love you) just because. Knowing that when she wakes up from a nap or in the morning I will hear her call for me. When I am holding her and she wraps her arms around my neck and squeezes so tight and then gives me a kiss on the cheek. When she comes up to me and begs for me to hold her just because she wants some mommy time. To see the excitement on her face when you tell her daddy is home..she waits so anxiously at the door and then yells "dadeee" when she sees him.

This last 7 weeks have gone by so fast. I can't believe that Hamp has been with us that long. It feels like yesterday that we came home with him. I have enjoyed being home with both kids...its been crazy but in a fun way:)! I will admit there have been many times since Hamp has been born that I get so frustrated at SS. When Hamp is crying or I am feeding him and SS is crawling all over me, hitting him in the face or trying to kiss him but instead she is hurting him I lose my cool sometimes. Minutes later she is doing the cutest thing that makes my heart melt. I don't want to sound like a bad mom but my nerves can only take so much sometimes. However, I have to try and remember that SS is a little girl, she wants mommies attention and when she is pulling his paci out of his mouth to only shove it back in his mouth she thinks that she is helping.

My children are sweet, beautiful and well just simply perfect. I am totally in love with them and beyond ecstatic to be their mother. Although I have my days when I want to scream just one look back at them makes me smile. They are my heart, my world and the reason that I want to be exactly the person that the Lord has called me to be. I want to set that example for SS and Hamp that they will see my desire to love and worship our Savior...so that when they are older they desire that same relationship with the Lord.

Just look at them.....they will make you smile too!!:)





1 comment:

  1. I can not believe how long SS's hair is getting. She is just a doll!!! Little hampton looks like a little doll...I can not wait to get to hold him on Sat. I am so excited! :o) I know that it will be here before I know it...so much to do and so little time! :o)

    It is amazing what a child's smile can do! Thanks for sharing all that. :o)

    Can't wait to see you! :o)

    ReplyDelete